Cycle Touring: Tropical North Queensland is a cycling tourist’s delight. Allow a few days on the Tablelands then diverge north or south onto the flat coastal plain or head west to the wide open spaces of the interior.
Mountain Biking: There are 2 excellent and well established MTB venues on the Tablelands;
1) Davies Creek MTB Park Mareeba – further details and maps at mareebamountaingoats.com
2) Atherton Forest MTB Park – further details and maps at nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/herberton-range/mountain-bike.html
3) For cycling road routes in an around Atherton, go to: https://www.bikemap.net/en/l/2177541/
4) For a list of local trails: https://www.tablelandstrails.com/
5) https://www.trailforks.com/ Great website
Rail Trails: the first of an exciting network of Rail Trails is scheduled to be completed in mid 2014. Tableland Regional Council have taken the initiative and are establishing a 6.5 km user friendly link from Platypus Park in Atherton, to Tolga. The trail will be accessible to cyclists, walkers and horse riders. Further links between Tolga and Mareeba and eventually Atherton to Herberton are also on the drawing board. For further information on Rail Trails go to railtrails.org.au.
Road Cycling: Ride Atherton is the essential hub for cyclists to come together and find out where and when rides are happening on the Atherton Tableland. Visit our website for more information on social and race events for both locals and visitors.
Bike Store and Repairs: speak to the friendly guys at Northern Bikes in Atherton on 40 912244 or visit their store on Main Street
General Information: visit the local Information centres at Yungaburra or Atherton for general cycling information
Local Bike Info & Network: Bike Linx Far North Queensland Cycling Adventures – http://bikelinx.com.au/
– Currently there are no known operators offering guided tours on he Tablelands
See you in Yungaburra!