Yungaburra, Atherton Tablelands comfy, cosy, rural retreat!
Just 1 hour from the city of Cairns in Far North Queensland, this Yungaburra escape is nestled on 7 picturesque, rural acres only 1.8 km from beautiful Lake Eacham.
The affordable holiday house is the perfect Atherton Tablelands accommodation for families, grandparents & the kids, bird watching friends, travel mates and small groups. Enjoy plenty of room to spread out, sleeps up to 10:
– Beds: Two queen beds, one double bed, two single bunk beds, sofa bed for 2
– Ablutions: 1 ensuite, 1 family bathroom, 1 separate toilet
– Huge entertainment room, board games & books for rainy day activities
Here is space to let the kids run wild:
– Play by Imrie Creek – on the property border.
– Plenty of room to run, ride a bike and throw a ball.
– Pat our delightful miniature cows – Clara and Clancy.
Relax and unwind… leave your worries behind…
Contact name: Julia & Michael
Address: 7 Imrie Close, Lake Eacham, QLD
1 bedroom plus sofa bed for two.
2 bedrooms plus sofa bed for two.
Both cottages are fully self contained.
3 bedroom executive house, accommodates up to 10 guests, an ideal venue for weddings, functions, family reunions; antique furniture, heated spa with a view; fully self contained.
Phone: Gery: 0417646088
Dine in or take away.
Best traditional Italian pizzas.
Traditional and Aussie pizzas by experienced Italian Pizzaiolos
Daily Handmade Fresh Dough.
New Loyalty Card Available – New Aussie-style pizzas.
Come and try our delicious selection of Italian Gelati
Lunch Friday – Sunday.
Dinner Tuesday to Sunday 5-10pm.
Winner of 2012 and 2013 awards for the best pizzeria in Far North Queensland.
33 Gillies Highway, next to Nick’s Restaurant
Ph. 4095 3577
Recommended by Lonely Planet we offer award winning budget accommodation with a maximum of thirty four people. Suited to groups or travellers, all can enjoy this welcoming, relaxed, clean and friendly lodge. Guests have a choice of shared accommodation, double rooms or camping sites.
Address: 34 Eacham Road, Yungaburra
Phone: (07) 4095 2031 or (07) 4033 6575
CANOEING – MOUNTAIN BIKING – LAKES AND WATERFALLS
* Half Day Canoeing Tour – Join one of our knowledgeable guides for an afternoon paddle on Lake Tinaroo spotting the myriad of birds and wildlife that this beautiful lake has to offer.
* Half Day Mountain Biking Tour – Enjoy a guided morning ride either through the picturesque landscape at Lake Eacham or on the Mt Baldy tracks at the discretion of our guide.
* Night Canoeing Tour – Join this memorable guided tour under the stars. Ideal for spotting nocturnal rainforest animals like flying foxes, pademelons, wallabies, ringtail possums, water dragons, even platypus and tree kangaroos! Departs 8 pm.
All tours only $40 each.
Bookings essential departing from 34 Eacham Rd, Yungaburra. Prices are correct at time of publishing but subject to change without notice.
Phone: (07)4095 2031 or (07)4033 6575
Family accommodation in the heart of the village.
The Blue House is one of Yungaburra’s original cottages and has been fully restored for guest accommodation.
It is situated in an attractive garden setting about 50m from the popular Petersen Creek Walking Track and within 300m of most of the attractions in the village.
Accommodation comprises two bedrooms, two sleepouts, a cosy living/dining area, and an expansive deck with country views.
The cottage is suitable for couples as well as family groups of 7 to 8 guests (max. 6 adults), and facilities include a modern kitchen, full laundry, TV/VCR, stereo and bar fridge on the deck.
Contact name: Penny Scott and Jorg Edsen
Address: 4 Cedar St, Yungaburra 4884
Phone: 07 4095 2806
An Alpine Chalet style restaurant, specializing in Swiss, Italian and Australian Cuisine including breads, soups, traditional pastas, tender juicy steaks, crocodile, homemade desserts, and much more. Owners Nick and Gina pride themselves on their service and quality.
The main feature of the restaurant is the Yodellers Bar, with its wide selection of draught beers, imported German beers, extensive wine and cocktail list. On special occasions, Nick is happy to strap on the piano accordion and play a couple of tunes.
Consistently winning Savour Australia Awards for Excellence.
Ph: (07) 4095 3330
Fax: (07) 4095 3816
Gillies Highway, Yungaburra