The Yungaburra Business Association Inc. is a non-profit, fully self-funded organisation working for the benefit of Yungaburra and the surrounding area. We welcome applications for membership from new businesses.
The YBA is structured with a committee comprising of the President, Treasurer and Secretary. The executive sub-committee consists of the executive committee, plus a representative of the Eacham Shire who attends each meeting. We hold a general meeting every two months, with the Annual General Meeting held once a year (around February-March). Full members are eligible to nominate for any position on the Board. View YBA Constitution (7.26 MB .pdf)
We are a volunteer-run association, so if you can spare the time, please join one of our sub-committees. Fundraising, promotion, land-care, town beautification, walking track maintenance are some of the ways you could also contribute.
Apply For Membership
1. Download and printout the YBA Membership Application Form
2. Fill in the Application Form
3. Mail the completed application form to:
Yungaburra Business Association Inc.
P.O. Box 164, Yungaburra
Queensland, 4884, Australia
A group of dedicated citizens of Yungaburra, who met on a regular basis, formed a Business Association in August 1995.
They felt that there was a need for an organization to coordinate community projects and with the aim to make Yungaburra a better place for all to live.
From there, the Yungaburra Business and Citizens Association was incorporated on 17th April 1997.
Objectives of our Association:
- To support the development of a profitable business base.
- To promote professional business practice with a strong consumer service focus.
- To provide networking opportunities for members.
- To support the development of a business base which reflects the overall values and objectives of the community.
- To identify key issues and seek funding for these projects
Projects we have been involved in:
- Construction of Platypus Viewing Platform
- Provided support to the Peterson Creek re-vegetation project and Peterson Creek walk
- Completion of Curtain Fig Walk
- “Old Town Loop” Heritage Walk
- Brochure showcasing accommodation, restaurants and services in Yungaburra
- Tourist Information Boards
- Liaison with council regarding footpath and signage
- Painting of two public toilet blocks
- Beautification works to Maude Kehoe Park
- Yungaburra Visitor Information Centre.
- Information board with a detailed map.
Thanks to all the people who dedicate their time to make our village one to be proud of.